Stainless Steel Machining
Stainless steel is an alloy that is not very sensitive to corrosion. This alloy is the ideal material for machining a part in applications in very demanding environments, such as:
- Chemical/ Petroleum
To be classified in the stainless category, a steel must contain at least 10,5% of chromium.
For the machining of stainless steel parts, the most common grades are AISI 304L and ASII 316L, however we are able to machine all stainless steels.
Stainless steel can passivate to improve corrosion resistance by eliminating all polluting particles from the surface.
STAINLESS STEEL FOR AVIATION
Specialist in aeronautics, ARCOM Industrie masters the machining of metals and alloys specific to aeronautics, in particular aeronautical stainless steel (Inox 630, Inox 316L, Inox 431) for precision parts including the constraints of mechanical strength, pressure and temperature standards are very severe. Concerned with quality, our products are EN 9100 certified.
STAINLESS STEEL FOR MEDICAL
Very active in the medical field, ARCOM Industrie produces many machined parts in stainless steel, in particular surgical instruments in stainless steel 630, needles in stainless steel 316L, ferrules in stainless steel 316L, prosthetic elements in stainless steel 316LVM.
Our design office works on the co-design and co-industrialization of new products in partnership with our customers.
We also master finishing treatments (micro-blasting, electrolytic polishing, passivation, tribofinishing)
The manufacturing of machined products for medical use respects the ISO 13485 standard.
How to choose the shade for the machining of stainless steel parts ?
- Stainless steel 303 : Low resistance to corrosion. Bad at welding. It is suitable for machining parts used in mild environments.
It is used to make bolts, nuts, axes and fittings.
- Stainless steel 304L : Correct corrosion resistance. It is weldable.
- Stainless steel 316L : EExcellent resistance to corrosion in chlorinated or saline environments. It is weldable.
It is suitable for machined parts for Medical, Aeronautic, Food processing but is also for Nautical, chemical.
- Stainless steel 316LVM : Use for medical stainless steel machining only. This shade is implantable.
It is used for the manufacture of prostheses, jexemry (piercings).
- Stainless steel 630 : Excellent resistance to corrosion and very good mechanical resistance.
This non-implantable grade is widely used in the medical field for the manufacture of surgical instruments, water sports for propeller shafts, the food industry for conveying and handling equipment, aeronautics.
- Stainless steel 420B : Hardenable stainless steel for highly stressed rooms. Low corrosion resistance.
Used for machining parts in cutlery, taps, pumps, valves,….
- Stainless steel 431 : Very good corrosion resistance and excellent mechanical properties.
It is used in the petroleum industries, shipbuilding, aeronautics.